Thursday, June 17, 2010

Squashed, smooshed and vamoosed


This morning has not gone smoothly. Mama wanted to sit and read and enjoy her coffee. Middle daughter demanded that I take her for frozen yogurt. Demanded! Apparently my job as parent is to entertain said child and to cater to her every whim.

I suggested that, if she were interested in frozen yogurt, she set about earning it by cleaning her room. This led a complete tirade and melt down. This summer is going to suck! You let brother get away with EVERYTHING! I HATE YOU!

Yes, most excellent. That's just how I pictured my morning. Spiffy. Remember my perfect summer dreams? Only a few short days ago? Well those dreams have been squashed, smooshed and vamoosed.

Middle has now gone out to ride her bike. Cleaning her room is just too difficult. As soon as I'm done with this post I will be cleaning her room -- with a large garbage bag and an eye for the dumpster.

Looks like there won't be yogurt today.

❊❊❊ ❊❊❊ ❊❊❊


5 comments:

~ The Jolly Bee ~ said...

Sounds like a day in my life. I can so relate. Of course when I "clean" the room, I am forever reminded of all the things that find their way into the garbage. Oh well, I say. Clean it yourself the next time.

Mrs. E said...

Hope you don't mind my laughter. Someone should be having a good time. Hang in there--and by the way, LOVE the list!! Hang in there!

Theresa said...

I read this post with a little chuckle~ ah, motherhood. Yes, all moms go thru the ebb and flow of it~
Better days ahead! Hello from a fellow flyer, Theresa

Jo said...

Thank you sooo much for stopping by my blog today, hun, and for your tender words. Had to sstop by here too, and pleased I did - what an inspiring and beautiful little 'bubble space' you have here.
Sigh, yes I had a bit of a chuckle too asI read through this post! Can sooooo relate to this scenario - have played it out a fair few times myself with one or other of my own wee brood. Motherhood - isn't it wonderful?!!

Sending much love and bucket-loads of patience and strength as you begin the mammoth summer hols.
Hugs from a fellow 'flyer', Jo xx

Michelle, Queen Behind the Lens! said...

Oh geez, what a butt! Love your list! (did you give it to her?) I shudder think how I will handle my sweet girl when she starts getting cheeky.