Wednesday, June 9, 2010

An Apron and a Pitcher -- Summer Love

pillowcase apron
Here's a little something I've been working on this week. She's an apron fashioned from a pillow case. The waistband and floral appliques were born from a vintage sheet (oh how I've loved this sheet -- there are mere scraps left and am so sad to see her go). This apron has a sister; made as a gift last year. Soon this new gal will be up on Etsy. I must admit I'll be a touch sad to see her go.

While out for this photo shoot I noticed our lilacs are in bloom (our lilacs are in bloom! our lilacs are in bloom!). They are ever so lovely and smell delectable. And aren't they just perfect in this thrifted pitcher?

lilacs in white pitcher
I was playing around with layers and textures here -- ultimately hoping to imitate the spectacular photography of Andie Edwards. She does amazing things with white.

Indeed I feel summer in the air. Next week it'll be official; the kids will be out of school, the weather will be warm (I'm willing it into action) and we'll languish in the beauty that is summer vacation.

❊❊❊ ❊❊❊ ❊❊❊

On a completely different note ... I *love* having a theme song for the summer. Song's we've chosen in years past include Little Yellow Spider by Devendra Banhart and I Miss You by Blink 182.

Any suggestions for this summer?


No comments: