Sunday, August 29, 2010

On Tranquility

"The more tranquil a man becomes, the greater is his success, his influence, his power for good. Calmness of mind is one of the beautiful jewels of wisdom."
~James Allen


It's early Sunday morning. I'm sitting in my reading chair, legs stretched out on the ottoman and facing the front windows. Outside small birds flit about snacking on the bird feeder (I count six). One of my cats sits on the chair across from me. Occasionally she chatters gutturally. Clearly she sees the birds.

My husband and son have already left for the day. The Boy has a water polo tournament the next town over. Middle is still sleeping and Little slept at a friend's house. This moment is mine. This tranquility is mine.

As you can see from the photos above our week was full. Picnics and flea markets*, book club meetings and music lessons, dinners and desserts. All wonderful events that kept time ticking at an accelerated pace.

We've got additional plans this afternoon and this evening. Team gatherings and a barbeque with friends. But before that happens I'm going to take this time and just be still. To sit and reflect. To enjoy the birds, the quiet and the solitude. To solidify in my mind how truly blessed I am.

I hope your weekend is as full.

Namaste!

❊❊❊ ❊❊❊ ❊❊❊

* Peculiar Momma Vintage went to her first flea market as a vendor. There are more photos here on our Facebook Fan Page.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Sounds like a perfect Sunday morning! Peace, tranquility...excellent way to start your week!
http://amysreallife.wordpress.com

Robin Norgren, M.A, R-YT, Spiritual Director said...

a beautiful way to spend your day. Nothing better to recharge and appreciate the blessings in your life.