Monday, August 23, 2010

Make it Monday -- Vintage Sheet Head Scarf


I'm growing my hair out. This means I haven't gotten a proper haircut in six months. The bangs have been trimmed over the bathroom sink; otherwise nada. Now my hair is in that horrific -- gee, even if you are growing your hair out, you could really use a trim and a style phase.

I fully intend to get to the hairdresser soon. Really I do. I need a haircut, an eyebrow wax and a pedicure; the whole nine yards. But until then I'm going for the cover-up. Only it's too hot out for knit hats or pageboy caps. So I stitched up this head scarf from a vintage sheet.

Don't you love my model? I dare say she's adorable!

❊❊❊ ❊❊❊ ❊❊❊

Things I'm loving today:
  • My last night on shift for a few days
  • An upcoming book club meeting with the ladies
  • The pyrex bowls and patterns and tchotckes waiting to be listed in the shop
  • Our new coffee table (as my 10-year-old daughter says, "It ties the whole room together")
  • Our first flea market venture next weekend (Peculiar Momma and Papa Abe are going to be vendors)

Things I'm hoping for today:
  • A clean house when I arrive home tomorrow
  • A cat nap
  • Continued Etsy sales (already at 20 -- yay!)
  • Quiet Mama time
  • Time to sew
I hope you all had a wonderful start to your week -- Happy Monday!


1 comment:

~ The Jolly Bee ~ said...

Love that headscarf -- I've been growing my hair out too. I hold the record for the slowest growing hair in the western hemisphere.