Saturday, August 7, 2010

Checking it twice

I'm muddling my way through my to do list. As you can see the lavender has been picked and jam has been canned. Additionally I finished knitting a pumpkin hat and did practice my chanter a bit.

Have I mopped the floors? Oh heavens no! How could I when there is so much else to do? So much else joyful and fun. I've also yet to sew curtains or set up the tent or finish the baby gift. But I did find time to create a shirred scarf (photos pending) and stumble upon a spectacular new sewing machine (a vintage Janome New Home). Five bucks I tell you. Five. She's mint green and white and just so pretty. I can't wait to photograph her.

She seems to run well but is missing a bobbin holder. I really hope she works because my old plastic model is hanging by a thread (pun fully intended).

This new gal is heavy -- really really heavy! Ideally I'd like to find a sewing table and reclaim the kitchen for, you know, the preparing and consuming of food.

I must admit I'm fully mired in autumn fantasies. Autumn brings football, crunchy leaves, crisp evenings and an active kitchen -- scones, pies, stews and chili. This year autumn also brings the promise of time. All three kids will be in school. Mama will have an opportunity to commune with herself -- to read, to write, to practice, to clean and to create. Ah! Doesn't it sound delicious?

In the meantime I'll continue muddling through; making lists, checking them twice and enjoying the moments as they come. Summer, after all, is pretty darn good especially with fall to follow.



❊❊❊ ❊❊❊ ❊❊❊❊

No comments: