At this very moment I am sleepy. I worked last night, spent the morning constructing a dog sweater (to stay awake) then attended parent-teacher conferences in the afternoon. Tonight it's back to work. But it's not all bad. Tonight is Mr. Peculiar's last graveyard shift for at least six months (we made it!!). And after this shift I'll have six nights off.
This week has been surprisingly productive (I suspect it's the result of our spring like weather that put a little spring in my step). I baked cupcakes and cinnamon rolls, went to sweater upcycling party and book club meeting. I constructed a new pillow and a sweater. Shaved down our mangy mutt and made a delicious pork tenderloin (hint: pour a bottle of beer into the crockpot to keep things moist). In addition I started a new knitting project but that one is under wraps as it's a gift.
So all in all we're a bit sleepy in these parts but life is good.
Things I'm loving today:
- Warm breezes and budding leaves
- Crocuses (also valid croci or simply crocus)
- Friends who are wordsmiths
- Book clubs and crafting parties
- Spring break (i.e. SLEEP!)
- Naked dogs (poor poor Walter)
- Coworkers who do not admonish my dog grooming skills
- Excellent school reports from today's conferences
- Babysitting little ones and their genuine smiles (oh she is growing up!)
- An upcoming Saturday night date with friends (to watch Mad City Chickens)
- Dreams of summer, reading and lazy days at the pool.
Happy Love Thursday!