Okay people. It's spring break. All my children are visiting relatives. I am only working one night this week. And what do I get? The WORST cold I've had in ages. I had such great plans. Oh the things I was going to accomplish. However, at this moment, it's all I can do to sit on the couch. I can't even bring myself to knit. So that's just what I'm doing; sitting on the couch with my fingers pinched on my nose and a snot rag over my shoulder. Wonderful visual I know. Sorry for that.
And yet I am also sitting here feeling amazingly blessed. I mean really and truly grateful. You see tonight we watched Precious. My life, everything in my life, is phenomenal.
Things I'm grateful for right now:
- Wonderful relatives who are loving and entertaining my children
- Not having to work this week (mostly)
- The opportunity to sleep
- This amazing wonderful house
- The privilege of an education
- Not getting hit by a bus today (that one is for you Michelle!)
- A nation that, despite its fears, is moving to care for its weakest members
- Books from the library
- Take out chinese and fried won tons
- Real life invisibility cloaks. I mean how cool is that?!!
Oh yes. How could I forget? I also love you all. Really and truly.
Now I will continue to wage this war against these lovely viral invaders. Good night. Sleep tight. Don't let the bed bugs bite!