Thursday, February 23, 2012

My First Quilt -- WIP



Many moons ago (more than I'd care to admit) I began sewing a quilt.  A flannel quilt made with fabulous Anna Maria Horner fabric.  I pieced it and made the back in a timely manner.   Then it was sandwiched and pinned.  Then I stalled.  I found other things to do.  

A few weeks ago I quilted a few more rows.  Then I stalled again.   Perhaps our lack of winter is lessening my enthusiasm.  And yet I can't wait to see it draped over the couch.

So today I brought it back out.  I drew a few more quilting lines and am hoping to take it to the machine tomorrow.

This quilt is far from perfect (after all I hardly know what I'm doing) but it will be perfect for our needs.  I can't wait to have it finished.

*** *** ***

I found a new obsession today -- Edwardian Farm.  I watched it while run/walking on the treadmill.  I felt sort of silly.  I mean, really, if I lived there life would be a workout -- no need to make time to exercise.  But my life is a bit different.  Ah well!

xo. 


No comments: