Well I'm at work and have found a small respite in between clients. Today the sun is shining and it is delectably warm outside. I keep sneaking out back just to soak up a few rays. Now I've got music playing on my computer (from my blog playlist) and am sitting here feeling happy. Really and truly deep down in my gut happy. I suspect this feeling is a combination of sunshine, music and prednisone. Yup. Steroids.
You see I am an asthmatic and I haven't been breathing right since I got sick last month. So yesterday I started a short course of prednisone. If I could I would stay on prednisone forever - it makes me feel all is right with the world (not so for some folks who report extreme crabbiness while on said medication). But for me steroids are definitely a good thing. I can breathe. My allergies clear up. My eczema goes away and I am ebullient. Oh if only these drugs didn't cause long-term weight gain and adrenal dysfunction. Ah well. I'll just enjoy it while it lasts.
And now I think I'll sneak back out in that sun. I hope you are all having a great weekend!
Things I'm Loving Today:
- Breathing like a normal human being.
- Discovering a trail along the canal behind our clinic.
- Eating healthy all weekend (lots of fresh fruits, vegetables and grains).
Things I'm hoping for today:
- Minimal jury duty next week.
- One more day of sunshine.
- Inspiration for tomorrow's dinner (what to cook? what to cook?)
- A clean house when I arrive home tonight.
- A flash of photographic creativity (my camera is feeling neglected).
- A decrease in my heart palpitations (which seem to arrive each and every spring and correlate with Juniper season. Hmmmm).