Well here is Thursday yet again. Time to list all the things I love. Yet I'm not feeling it. I just don't feel all mushy and gooshy and warm and happy. In fact I'm rather blah. It's nothing major - just the ups and downs of life and the ups and downs of parenthood.
But, mood notwithstanding, I am here. Why? Because this exercise is about appreciation. It's about finding beauty despite circumstance. And really my circumstances are quite good.
So, without further adieu, here are the things I'm loving today:
- The description of the Simpson's on our cable box: "Matt Groening's subversive animated satire." Dude! Who wouldn't want to be that guy?!!
- Breakfast for dinner (Huevos Rancheros made with
farmbackyard fresh eggs).
- Homemade dog biscuits made by middle daughter (minus the mess in the kitchen).
- Another apron sewn for the holiday gift exchange (only six left to go).
- One more night of real sleep before work.
- The gigantic
messball of paper mache drying in my living room (hopefully a future Halloween costume).
- Convincing my son to serve dinner (including teaching him how to cut into an avocado).
And I have a question for you ... what are you loving today?
Happy Love Thursday!