Thursday, October 8, 2009

Love Thursday Yet Again.


Well here is Thursday yet again. Time to list all the things I love. Yet I'm not feeling it. I just don't feel all mushy and gooshy and warm and happy. In fact I'm rather blah. It's nothing major - just the ups and downs of life and the ups and downs of parenthood.

But, mood notwithstanding, I am here. Why? Because this exercise is about appreciation. It's about finding beauty despite circumstance. And really my circumstances are quite good.

So, without further adieu, here are the things I'm loving today:

  1. The description of the Simpson's on our cable box: "Matt Groening's subversive animated satire." Dude! Who wouldn't want to be that guy?!!
  2. Breakfast for dinner (Huevos Rancheros made with farm backyard fresh eggs).
  3. Homemade dog biscuits made by middle daughter (minus the mess in the kitchen).
  4. Another apron sewn for the holiday gift exchange (only six left to go).
  5. One more night of real sleep before work.
  6. The gigantic mess ball of paper mache drying in my living room (hopefully a future Halloween costume).
  7. Convincing my son to serve dinner (including teaching him how to cut into an avocado).

And I have a question for you ... what are you loving today?

++++++++++++++++++

Happy Love Thursday!

1 comment:

Gayle said...

I am so behind on blog reading, I'm reading Love Thursday on a Monday! Shalet, your aprons are so pretty.