Wednesday, October 1, 2008

On Risk Taking . . .


"And the day came when the risk [it took] to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom."
--Anais Nin

"Do what you love and the money will follow." --Marsha Sinetar

"A little bit added to what you've already got gives you a little bit more." --P.G. Wodehouse

+++++++

I've decided to open an Etsy shop for a few of my handmade items.

The very first item to be listed is this Earflap Baby Hat for little ones 3 mo to 18 mo. It's knit with superwash wool (i.e. warm, soft and washable) and it's lined with softer than soft fleece. As baby grows the fleece lining can be removed allowing the hat to expand and fit a larger head.


Go check it out if you are so inclined. :o)
+++++++++

Do you believe in fate? My left brain does not. And yet, when I'm thrifting, my right brain takes over. I expect things to jump out at me; to say "Here I am! You came for me today." I ask the universe to show me the way.

And so here are some items from my latest thrifting binge:




A book on writing, a book on simple abundance and joy and a pile of new fabric. I wonder where they will lead ...

3 comments:

Amy said...

Congratulations on the store. I hope it goes well for you - the hat is great!

Sarah said...

Ooh...I love piles of new fabric. Good luck with your store!

amy @ Life in Pink Hi-Tops said...

Cute hat! Congrats on the store...Love the fabric!