Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Bigger Than My Body

It's 4:00 pm and I am fading fast.  I've worked the last four nights and stayed up today (with hopes of sleeping tonight and feeling human tomorrow).

The only way for me to stay awake is to stay busy.  As such I picked tomatoes (black cherry are my new favorite), made a cake stand/sponge holder (inspired by this), picked flowers from the yard and arranged some newly felted acorns.  The acorns must be kept under glass to protect them from evil felt grabbing paws.

I also cleaned the kitchen and started a load of laundry.  I meant to cut some material for a quilt and really want to give this project a go. Oh yes and I'd like to make a plum cake and, perhaps, can some jam.  But, alas, my ambition is bigger than my body.  I am simply too tired.

There in lies the problem of three am pinning -- too many beauties to capture my attention and so much that I *need* to do.   If only I could craft and bake and write for a living.  Perhaps someday.  For now I think I'll take a nap.

xo.

No comments: