Well this has been an interesting week to say the least. A close friend of mine has become ill and been diagnosed with bi-polar disease. She is getting some long overdue help and for that I am tremendously grateful.
In fact I am grateful for a good many things.
- I am grateful for my messy house and my healthy kids.
- I am grateful for two vertigo free days -- days in which my presence was needed and I was able to provide.
- I am grateful for my husband who was "on-call" should I start spinning.
- I am grateful to my teenage son who is willing to go on errands with his mother.
- I am grateful to people who are willing to rescue, nurse and house a stray goat.
- I am grateful for the husbands who put up with these "goat people".
- I am grateful for the wonderful haphazard lights on our Christmas tree -- they provide much needed cheer in these dark days (literal and figural).
- I am grateful for a quick weekend getaway.
- I am grateful for friends; people who are willing to drop everything and help at a moment's notice.
- I am grateful for forgiveness*.
- I am grateful for love.
* I am full of forgiveness -- for myself and my friend and all of us who are treading on this crazy path. Perfection is over-rated.
These are strange days indeed. Most peculiar momma.