Phew! The whirlwind of halloween is over. I never quite finished those slipcovers. And you know what? They're not getting done today either. I have to work tonight and have given myself permission to laze the day away.
This morning there was quite a frost on the car and as I went out (fully clad in pajamas) to warm it up I found myself grateful. Very grateful for all the simple things in life.
I am grateful for:
- A heated home
- Getting the garbage to the curb before the garbage truck came
- The HUGE load of dishes Mr. Peculiar did last night
- Precious children who love to snuggle
- Coffee ready to go at the push of a button
- Left over pumpkin chocolate chip cookies
- Left over pumpkin soup for dinner (aka no cooking before work)
- Pumpkins carved by my children while I was sewing away
- Funny not so spidery spider webs hung by the boy
- Creative costumes put together without Mama's help (oi they are getting so big!)
- Mama as a red head --- funny