I feel like the most boring person on the planet. This past week I've been hunkering down, listening to books on tape and cleaning house. That's it. The kids are in school. Mr. Peculiar is back on day shift and I am blissfully alone.
I find when I'm listening to a book (rather than reading one) I like to keep busy. And the chores go that much faster. Currently I'm immersed in the Sookie Stackhouse series by Charlaine Harris. They're not something I'd typically pick up but I am thoroughly enjoying them. Soon, however, I'll be done with the set. And then what?
If the house is to stay clean I'm going to have to find a new aural obsession. Any suggestions?
I've also snuck in a few crafts -- the freezer paper shirt above. And I knit a couple of pumpkin hats.
I'd like to develop some sort of routine -- one that includes crafting, exercise, household chores, bagpipe practice *and* mental stimulation. I'm still working out the particulars.
In the meantime here's what I'm loving today:
- Crisp cool days
- Hats to cover my not so cooperative hair
- A clean house
- Oricchette with Rapini -- mmm mmm good
- My reading chair (which is currently pulled into the living room as our couches are typically occupied by little people, sleeping misters and various furry critters)
- Burnt orange -- lovely burnt orange
- And, finally, fresh flannel sheets on the bed. Oh how I love my bed.