Valentine's Day is:
- Thrifted pillows embroidered with love
- Fresh bed sheets (even though I won't be home to enjoy them)
- Mama unloading the dishwasher after coming home from work
- Papa reloading the dishwasher after he comes home from work
- Heart-shaped breakfast for the young man who stayed home sick
- 1st grade embroidery made for a special friend
- Messages of love on our newly painted chalkboard pantry
- Beef stroganoff bubbling away in the crock pot
- Chocolate chocolate chip cupcakes in jars
- Five precious minutes with the hubbie (he'll come home from work just as I'm leaving)
- The prospect of a lunch date tomorrow (if we don't opt for a nap instead)
- Knowing we are doing what it takes to keep ourselves afloat
- Homemade valentine bookmarks and pretty pencils
- A kitchen table shrouded in glitter
- Forgiveness to the makers of the mess
- Having an open heart and extending it to all who cross our path
Another year has passed. We are still here. Still tip-toeing that financial tightrope. And we are so tremendously lucky. We have each other. We have our health. We have a roof over our heads and food to eat. We are insured and employed. We have learned (and continue to learn) the art of frugality. We are weathering the storm.
And, most important of all, we love and are loved.
Happy Valentine's Day!