Thursday, February 17, 2011

The Simple Things

"It's the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all."
~ Laura Ingalls Wilder

We've been busy crafting over here; making embroidered mushrooms and felted gnomes for our upcoming party. As I was digging through my crafting cupboard I came across the very first piece I embroidered (the cat pillow). I must've been five or six years old. This was a school project and I was quite proud of my work.

Little has been intrigued by my sewing and is making pieces of her own. You can see her interpretation of the mushroom house in the green hoop above. She also made a cat of her own design. I'd like to collect her work and make a pillow or even a small quilt.

I love that she's interested in fiber arts. The simple pull of the needle up and down, up and down soothes the soul. There's no better way to to unwind than with embroidery and knitting. It's meditation with a tangible by product.

And now back to it. The party approaches and there are three little girls in need of favors.

XOXO.

No comments: