Thursday, July 22, 2010

Halfway

daisy bouquet
Today marks the halfway point; four of eight work days complete. I must admit I was tired when I arrived home. My feet hurt. I very seriously considered a nap. But outside it was (is) beautiful; not too hot and not too cold with a mild westward breeze. Plus the chickens needed free-range time (which requires supervision after this incident). And, truthfully, Mama needed some outdoor time as well.

So we went to tend our flower garden. I suppose you could call it a cutting garden. It's full of shasta daisies, black eyed susans, lavender, geraniums, chives, yarrow and cat nip; whites, yellows and purples filling every nook and cranny. But this garden has also been woefully neglected.

Bad Mama. Bad. Bad. Sit. Stay.

Because we were slack there were several demonic thistles interspersed amongst the glory.

Grrrr!

Well? What's a girl to do?

Hoe in hand Little and I tackled the despicable weeds. We eliminated the worst of them though many invaders still remain (should you find yourself bored I'd happily permit you weed my garden. Anytime!) We also managed to water and dead head our parched patio plants.

Finally Little picked a sweet bouquet for the kitchen. What cheer these flowers will bring as I'm waiting for the coffee to percolate!

But coffee comes in the morning. For now a simple dinner and then sleep. I do believe I'll sleep well tonight.

I hope you, too, had a lovely Thursday.

❊❊❊ ❊❊❊ ❊❊❊

Things I'm loving today:
  • Warm summer breezes
  • Puttering, dead heading and listening to the babble of chickens
  • Six-year-olds who fall sound asleep at 7:30 pm (in the middle of the living room floor)
  • Fresh bed sheets
  • Light-filled evenings
  • Lemonade mixed with sparkling water
Things I'm hoping for today:
  • That I might be able to squeeze in some mama pampering (i.e. pedicure) before work tomorrow night
  • Steady, productive but not overly stressful work nights
  • A housecleaning fairy
  • Time to work in the shop.

1 comment:

jacqueline said...

Beautiful photo! Congratz on the halfway point in completing your work! The weather outside sounds really beautiful! Have a lovely merry happy day and love to you!