Thursday, February 4, 2010

It's all about heart

"...the secret of the care of the patient
is in caring for the patient."

Francis W. Peabody, October 21, 1925

Tonight it's a blanket stitch on felt. Tomorrow it may be a Ford-interlocking suture pattern on skin. Either way the technique is the same; bound with love and care.

Things I'm loving today:
  • Wonderful, stupendous and spectacular friends.
  • My new felt bookmark.
  • Books, books, books.
  • A project in the works (under wraps until I'm sure I'm capable).
  • Validation.
  • Snuggling under the covers on a cloudy morning.
  • Heat seeking lover kitties.
  • Snacks.
  • This chair
  • And this chair
  • This roof which kept the rain off my head today.
  • This fireplace which is keeping my feet toasty.
  • This day which saw me through from one end to the other.


++++++++++

2 comments:

Mrs. E said...

What a cozy world! Love it! Love that felt heart, too! :)

Honorary Indian said...

I admit it. I've been a blog-reading-slacker lately. But, I must tell you that just now I clicked on every one of your links and felt such warm-fuzzies I had to tell you so.

First of all....PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE tell me how to make one of those felt heart thingies. And PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE tell me that it's easy to do!

I love and adore your fireplace. I wish ours were needed more often. Yesterday it was 48. Today it was 63.

I thought of you last week when I attended my first-ever "knitting group." I'm loving it. In spite of having to rip out my daggone scarf about 4 times in the last week. Grrrrr.

And, I love the advice you gave us nearly 2 years ago when you suggested that we send notes in balloons to our beloved beagle in heaven. I got to pay it forward and pass that wonderful advice along to my sister and her family who just said good-bye to their very ill mutt dog of 13 years.

I won't be such a stranger....I hope! :-)