Saturday, August 29, 2009

The Final Days of Summer

"There are two educations. One should teach us how to make a living and the other how to live."
~ John Adams

We've been busy savoring the final days of summer.  Morning swim lessons. Momma knitting, sewing and canning.  Waiting, waiting, waiting for eggs (c'mon already girls!).  Learning the art of applique. Giving old pillowcases new life.   Contemplating new projects. Watching butterflies and ruminating on the start of school.  

We're also working, putting new tires on both cars (ouch and double ouch) and eagerly anticipating a Momma and Papa conference/getaway to Chicago.   

We are working on both our educations - making a living and living life.  

Happy Weekend All!

++++++++

6 comments:

TAMI said...

Our family had a GREAT first week back to school. Hoping the same for you when you get there, but knowing your days until then are great too!!

Mrs. E said...

Ah, this is a lovely post!! This sounds like my summers as a child. I absolutely adore the quote...so true! Making a life. Living deliberately. I could use a daily reminder.

Oh, and my sympathy on the tires!

Bridge said...

I love this quote and feel it embodies the Shalet I know and love.

Anonymous said...

Oh I love, LOVE this ttv collage. Perfectly done.

Gayle said...

Love your images! That sounds like a very good way to spend the final days of summer, except for the new tires part! I need to do that on my car very soon.

Gayle said...

I have an award for you on my site. Stop by when you get a chance to pick it up!