Tuesday, February 3, 2009
Shiny Happy Moments
Thank you all for your commiserations yesterday. I did make it on that walk. Little sis and I went to the library where we stood on our tippy toes and picked out movies. Then we went to a cafe, sipped tea and people watched. It certainly helped to get out.
I am feeling much better. Here are some of today's shiny happy moments:
* Two girls with brushed hair.
* Two children sent to school with breakfast.
* A honey-face mask which set while doing dishes.
* One mother who showered and shaved and moisturized -- all natural and chemical free.
* Four days without shampoo.
* Homemade deodorant that appears to be working.
* A vigorous walk with other mothers during "baby ballet".
* Blooming paperwhites.
I am turning myself into an all-natural toiletry guinea pig and am, thus far, thrilled with the results. Stay tuned ... after a few more days of experimentation and I will tell you all about it! I can't wait for Frugal Friday!
I was tagged by Gayle at the Planet M Files for a sixth of the sixth meme. The rules are:
The rules are:
1) go to your photo folders,
2) post the 6th picture in the folder,
3) tell the story about the picture and then
4) tag 6 bloggers to do the same.
Well the question for me was which picture file? I have so many. I settled on my Flickr account. This is the sixth picture:
This photo was taken in November of 2006. It was the first snow of the season. I drove up to the mountain with my then almost three-year-old to take some shots. I wasn't totally prepared. The roads were rough and I probably should have had chains on. But we didn't get stuck and instead I ended up with this shot.
Now I'm going to cheat a bit and not tag anyone specifically. If you are reading this consider yourself tagged.
And, the song of the day, Shiny Happy People by REM ... only I can't find that on You Tube so instead I give you Furry Happy Monsters.