Saturday, January 28, 2012

Frugal Friday (on Saturday)


I may have mentioned once or twice that I am addicted to Pinterest.  I love finding new and crafty ideas.  And, I am proud to say, I not only find these ideas but follow through on them too.

My dishwashing station is a perfect example.  It all started with this pin for a cake stand holder for sponges and soaps.  I promptly made one with thrift store finds and left over paint.  On it I placed knit dishclothes which we've been using in place of sponges.

Then I decided to make dish powder (we found citric acid at our local homebrew store).  The dish powder, of course, had to go into a lovely vintage mason jar scavenged from our garage (and probably purchased from an estate sale).

Finally I came across this tutorial for a simple scrubbie made from onion bags (or in my case a potato bag).  I used left over cotton yarn.

The total cost for all these projects was minimal.  And now I have a fun, bright, environmental and frugal dish washing station.

Win-win!

xo.

No comments: