Thursday, July 28, 2011

Majik -- A Refreshing Summer Beverage (and recipe)

When we lived in the valley we frequented Casablanca, a fabulous middle eastern cafe. My all time favorite meal? Sambocik, tabouli, hummus and majik. Yup. Majik -- a refreshing blend of mediterranean juices. Majik is the perfect refreshment for a hot summer's day.

Alas we no longer live in the valley. Try as we might Casablanca refused to move with us. Thus I was left to find my own majik.

The internet was no help what-so-ever. Majik is:
  • a hookah lounge
  • a spritzer made from white wine and 7-up
  • a yellow-bird drink
  • an aioli
There is absolutely no reference to majik as a refreshing mediterranean beverage. So I did what any self-respecting majik loving gal would do. Kitchen experimentation. I've come upon a concoction that is most certainly passable and definitely refreshing. This is a beverage even my children will drink (and that's saying something!)

Without further ado I bring you Majik.

Ingredients:
1 tsp rose water
2 cups pomegranate or cranberry juice (I prefer plain, no sugar added varieties)
8 cups water
Juice from one lemon
Mint leaves (optional)
Lemon slices (optional)

Mix all ingredients together, stir well until paste dissolved. Pour over ice. If you are feeling fancy garnish with mint and lemon slices. Serve and enjoy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow thank you so much i havent been able to figure out what was in that amazing drink.
I havent lived in eugene in a while and think of this drink from time to time. I cant wait to try making it !!