Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day was Just Right


What a lovely Mother's Day weekend. Saturday Mr. Peculiar humored me as I drug him about town for a chicken coop tour. Perfect fodder for my farm and beekeeping fantasies. We saw chickens and bees and goats oh my!

I worked Saturday night and therefore slept most of the Sunday. How glorious to sleep uninterrupted! I dreamt of bees and gardens, mason jars full of honey and my family gathered close.

When I woke up the boy, with some cajoling, made me coffee and I commandeered the remote control (believe you me this is a privilege as we only have one television). The family watched the end of "The Secret Life of Bees" and the beginning of "Waitress." After that I can not say what happened on the television front as I had to return to work.

Before I left Mr. Peculiar spoiled me with dinner (shish kibobs and tabouli). The girls made a couple of darling homemade cards and smothered me with hugs and kisses.

It is these moments. These sweet simple moments that mean the most. I'm so glad my brood understands -- it's not about fancy or big expensive gifts. It's about simple gestures and snuggles and taking up the slack. That is true love.

xo.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

~smile~
so glad your day was full

Shalet said...

Thank you. Smiling back!