Today Little had a birthday party to attend; a Japanese tea party complete with kimonos. Only we didn't have a kimono. Fortunately a quick search of the internet revealed this fantastic (and free) pattern. Coupled with a pair of matching lounge pants our Japanese inspired outfit was born. This outfit will also serve as a lovely set of summer pajamas.
The material is a vintage sheet and the bia tape a thrifted shirt. Making your own bias tape is fairly simple and definitely opens up your options where color and pattern are concerned.
Now the birthday girl is half Japanese and half American. We wanted to give her something special. Something to let her know we care. This pattern was just the thing.
I do hope she likes it.
And that, folks, is what I've been up to this past week. That and hosting bunco which was a challenge in and of itself. It took a good two days to make my house presentable. My we Peculiars are messy people.
❊❊❊ ❊❊❊ ❊❊❊
Things I'm loving today:
- Eggs on toast with basil and homemade cream cheese
- Berry smoothies with homemade yogurt
- Anticipation of tomorrow's beekeeping class (complete with Middle in tow)
- Drives in the country fantasizing about a small farm of my own
- Trees that are finally beginning to bloom
I hope you are having a lovely weekend!