Saturday, January 15, 2011

Lazy, lazy, lazy, lazy, lazy, lazy Jane


I'm rather in shock that it is the weekend again. Where oh where does time go? Such a valuable commodity and yet it escapes me like a helium balloon from a child's hand.

This weekend I am working the night shift. As such all other productivity is out the window and I am lazing my days away.

Today the boys went to an auction (don't even get me started there -- they brought home a few neat things for the shop but really we need to DOWNSIZE rather than the other way around).

Middle had a birthday party to attend and was gone most of the day. This left Little and I to do as we pleased. We planted ourselves firmly on the couch and watched the end of Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium. Then we moved on to Narnia. After that Pirates of the Caribbean and finally, the beginning of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. I did say laze did I not?

Now typically I'm doing something while in front of the television. Say knitting. But not today. Today was all about cuddling up and hiding out from the gray gray day. It wasn't all for naught, however, as I have some quotes to share.

"Your life is an occasion. Rise to it." ~ Mr. Magorium

"Perhaps we've been incorrectly labeled." ~ Edmund Pevensie

"When you marooned me on that God-forsaken spit of land, you forgot one very important thing, mate: I'm captain Jack Sparrow." ~ Captain Jack Sparrow

"Charlie Bucket was the luckiest boy in the entire world. He just didn't know it yet" ~ Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

Indeed there is wisdom to found everywhere.

❊❊❊ ❊❊❊ ❊❊❊

Today I am grateful for:
  • Sweet little girls who are willing to snuggle with their mother
  • Fresh canned tuna fish (finally we are going to use the tuna!)
  • Frozen kibbe and tamales (no cooking tonight)
  • Vintage cameras and TTV photography
  • A new library book (The Little Giant of Aberdeen County) and the book club that prompted me to read it
  • Seeds of inspiration
  • My lovely bed and down comforter awaiting my return
Here's to another lazy day to come! I hope you are having an equally as pleasant weekend.

XOXO.

6 comments:

Kelly said...

Sounds like THE perfect day. Those lazy days don't seem to come around often enough!

Amy said...

Sometimes we need a day like that. I think it's just fine! I've been on bedrest for a few days, with my 4th pregnancy, and I've had too many of those days in a row and I think I might scream! However when I am working, a nice day or two like the one you had yesterday is just perfect!
http://amysreallife.wordpress.com

Shalet said...

I must admit it was quite lovely. I often find myself jealous of our pets who get to do that all the time. But you are right Amy -- I'd probably go crazy after a while.


;o)

Debi said...

Sounds like a perfect weekend day!

Honorary Indian said...

I loved catching up. It's been awhile. As always, you're inspiring. :-)

Nurse License Protection said...

Sounds like a perfect day. It's good to have one lazy day a week. :)