Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Dagnamit Cold!


Well it seems I have a cold. A knock down drag out cold. My eyes are puffy and swollen. My nose is simultaneously stuffed up and running. I'm sneezing near constantly and (this may qualify as too much information) every time I sneeze I pee my pants a little. Yes folks. I am a sight to behold.

I'm trying to be brave. To power through. To continue to do the dishes and laundry and pick up the house. But I'm having a rough time of it. And I find myself mumbling to no one in particular about how I seriously dislike meth addicts. Because, you see, I can not go to the store and pick up the medicine I need to feel better. No. It requires a prescription. Lest I might go and use the stuff to manufacture drugs. And I refuse to run to the doctor every time I get the sniffles. As such I am sitting here. Miserable.

In an effort to make myself feel better I thought I'd write a list of all that is good and beautiful about today.

Here goes:
  • I don't have to work tonight and have a couple days yet to recover
  • The pot roast in the crock pot smells delicious (or so I've been told)
  • My husband brought home a super cool polariod camera today
  • He also brought home a "Sue Sylvester" outfit for me for halloween
  • I found my missing library book which I can now begin to read
  • The birds are flitting about the feeder out front
  • My laptop is nice and warm on my lap
  • This cold is temporary (aka thank goodness I don't have a long-term illness)
  • I have a fun halloween decor project to do if I can find wood, glue and glitter
  • My daughters' room is *mostly* clean thanks to my efforts yesterday
  • It appears to be a lovely fall day outside -- crisp, cool and sunny
  • My new baby chickens are expected to arrive this week (yes, yes you can call me crazy chicken lady)
And, um, yeah. That's all I can come up with for now. Soon I promise I'll be back to do more than grouse.

I hope you are having a WONDERFUL day!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh i do hope you take pictures of this sue sylvester outfit!! please!

Anonymous said...

I love how you made the good things list despite feeling poorly and I want to see you in the Sue Sylvester outfit with the chickens.

Shalet said...

Oh I will definitely take pictures. I was going to simply pull my hair back in a bun but the kids talked me into ordering a wig. Ha! It 'oughta be fun!