Monday, November 23, 2009

What I'm a making Monday ...

  • Booties for a baby (no not mine!) Find the tutorial here. Thanks to Soulemama for the inspiration.
  • Cubes for my niece. Who knew cubes were so easy? These cubes were born from curtains, an old sweater, a thrifted table cloth and thrifted corduroy. The smallest one has a jingle bell that, well, jingles.
  • A skull cap. This was intended for my son. Only it is fair isle. And me, I should know, what ever I knit in fair isle ends up smaller than planned. And so it seems this one was knit for a for a toddler. Fortunately I know a toddler with a punk rock father. All is well. Tutorial here.
  • Another hat. Again smaller than intended though not knit by me. This one was sewn from a sweater. My niece's head ought to be nice and warm this winter.

+++++++++++++

And on a completely different note ... every year I put together a holiday DVD. Essentially it is a slide show with accompanying music. This is the time of year I begin to contemplate my musical selection.

On my list of potentials are:

"I don't know" by Lisa Hannigan

and

"New Soul" by Yael Naim

Any suggestions? I'm always on the lookout for new music and would LOVE to hear your ideas!

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Good music choices! I've been doing a bunch of slideshows lately. Here's a few of my latest favorites:

Life, Love & Laughter; Donavon Frankenreiter

Race You; Elizabeth & The Catapult

Blow Away; A Fine Frenzy

Sunny Day; Joy Williams

Sweet Disposition; The Temper Trap