Saturday, September 19, 2009


Against my better judgement my family dragged me hiking today.  I should have been in bed, tucked under the down comforter with a contented smile on my face.  But no.  We had to take advantage of the wilderness that surrounds us.  Bah humbug.  

When we left the house the temperature was in the mid-seventies and sunny.  I glanced at my sweater and thought, nah, I don't want to drag that around!  About halfway to our destination the wind picked up.  Then the clouds rolled in.  By the time we got to the trailhead the rain had started in earnest.  Intrepid hikers that we were (the word stupid may also be suitable) we decided to brave the elements.  The actual hike wasn't bad.  We were moving and under the forest canopy. Then we got to the lake.  As we came upon the water the sky opened up and hooray we were suddenly very wet and very cold.   The boys had to fish, after all we'd come all that way.  Us girls holed up under a tree.  Fortunately I brought my knitting (doesn't everyone bring their knitting to the wilderness?) which helped to keep me from turning into an actual popsicle.    

Long story short we are now home and dry.  Another check in the "I'm happy to be home and happy to have a home" box.  But now I must go to work.  Tomorrow you will find me tucked in bed smiling contentedly - no matter what.  

++++++++++

2 comments:

Gayle said...

I love that you brought your knitting on a hike! I hope you got some quality tucked in bed time today!

the Lady said...

But it's so beautiful! Here's to Fall!