Monday, May 18, 2009

Bench Monday


Working twelve to fifteen hour night shifts leaves little time for much else (including sleep). But this afternoon I managed to slip out of my scrubs for a few minutes to take a Bench Monday shot.  Actually it's not a bench - it's our new coffee table.  A steal for $38.00 and sturdy enough to hold a grown woman.   The dress a spectacular four dollar find and no I'm not expecting (the dress and I are simply a bit poofy - to be remedied sooner than later).  The flowers - pilfered from our neighbor's lilac tree (shhhhh!).  I don't think they'll be missed and they smell delectable.  Our whole neighborhood is a bloom with these trees the and the marvelous scent is drifting on the breeze.  It's wonderful.  I only wish I had more time to play outside.  

Now back into my scrubs and back to work.  Tonight the kids will be dropped off at the clinic since both the hub and I will be on shift.  Oh I hope they behave.  Air mattresses, a movie then off to sleep for them (fingers crossed).  

Happy Monday!

6 comments:

Molly said...

well done shalet! i think it's wonderful that you were able to squeeze in some beauty and creativity into an otherwise hectic monday.

ELK said...

you are amazing ...such a creative hard working lady ~hang in there ...

TAMI said...

I saw some of the Bench Monday photos - people are so creative!!

kraftykash said...

I love the smell of lilac bushes. Im waiting patiently for my peonies to bloom. Where do you and the hubby work?

Shalet said...

@ kraftykash - I'm an ER veterinarian and my husband is a brewer.

Gayle said...

Shalet, that is the coolest shot!