Thursday, June 5, 2008



Today is Love Thursday. I am miles and miles away from those I love. I spent the better part of the afternoon looking for gifts to bring home to the wee ones. What does one get for a 12-year-old boy and an eight and four-year-old girl? The items must fit easily in my baggage and be inexpensive, educational and representative of the town from which they came. Not an easy task. After much debate I settled on two necklaces, a naval cannon and a book. I wish the necklaces were made locally. They are not. Of course they fare from China. The cannon is from Gettysburg, PA - we’re getting closer. And the book, Girl of the Alamo, by Rita Kerr was printed in Austin - even closer still. All items were purchased at the Alamo and thus will support the upkeep of this historical site. Hopefully Texas will forgive my transgressions.




Now I’m off to listen to hematology abstracts. Tomorrow I fly home to see my family. I can’t wait!

Happy Love Thursday!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

As a former Texan, I regret to inform you that Texas forgives nothing. And in return, we never have to forgive Texas. Hope you enjoyed the food!

Bridge said...

Enjoy...that bed one more night sister!

Keuter said...

They are going to love those gifts. Happy love Thursday! kt

Anonymous said...

Happy Love Thursday! You have such lovely photos! Thanks for visiting Dolce Pics and also for your comment. :) Have a safe trip home.

Anonymous said...

Don't know if Texas will forgive you, but hope your trip ended in a safe return home. Love the shots!