Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Juice Recipe: Orange Julius



Our Orange Julius juice recipe has quickly become the family favorite.  It seems to take on whatever flavor you desire.  For me this juice tastes like, well, an orange julius.  Mr. Peculiar thinks it tastes like a peanut butter smoothie.  To each his own.

At any rate this juice has a gorgeous orange hue and a lovely creamy texture. It's chock full of vitamins (Vit A, Vit C, Calcium, Iron, Thiamine, Niacin and Postassium).

This juice tends towards the sweeter side and therefore makes a great introduction to juicing.

Makes two servings (~ 15 oz each)

Ingredients:
Two medium red garnet yams
5-6 carrots
3 medium oranges

Peel oranges.  Cut yams (leave skin intact).  Juice oranges, carrots and yams.

Serve and enjoy.

*** *** ***

Note:  If you are going to start juicing I recommend you either a) start a compost pile, b) get a worm bin or, my favorite, c) get some chickens.  You'll have lots of pulp leftovers that you won't want to waste.  My chickens are gobbling up our pulp and I can't wait to taste their vitamin enriched eggs.

xo.  

1 comment:

Ujan sharma said...

This is just the information I am finding everywhere. Thanks for your blog, I just subscribe your blog. This is a nice blog..

benefits of orange peel for skin