Tuesday, May 8, 2012

One Foot in Front of the Other



As of late we've had several unexpected expenses (darn cars).  Of course these expenses occurred during the winter.  My clinic is typically slower in the winter and a slower clinic means less pay.  Now let me tell you -- a decreased income coupled with increased expenses does not a happy mama make.  To bridge this gap I've committed to work several relief shifts in addition to my normal full time schedule.  

These relief shifts are in the valley and I've left the family at home.  Therefore I'm considering this a working vacation.  My shifts are at night and my folks have graciously allowed me to stay with them during the day.  Here, at my folk's house, I very few responsibilities (no taxi service, no laundry, no arguments to mediate, no meals to serve).  It's a veritable heaven.

Though I worked last night I did get some rest while there.  So this afternoon I went with my mom to a to a small farm on the outskirts of town.  My mom was there for the hanging flower baskets.  I, of course,  was drawn to the livestock-- they had chickens and goats, a pony, a donkey and a pile of bunnies.  *love*  While my mom debated the merits of petunias and geraniums I wandered off to visit the creatures.

Standing there with the animals felt just right.  It always has.  Even as we are completely broke and it's a challenge just to make ends meet I can not help myself.  I'm still dreaming of that farm.

My immediate hope is to pay off our recent debt.  I'm also hoping to get a rate reduction on our second mortgage and am jumping through hoops to make this happen.  Beyond that I do not know what else to do to bring my dreams closer to reality.   I suppose I will simply continue to dream and hope the universe picks up on my vibes.

And now I'm off have to have dinner with a friend -- someone I've known for eons (because I am just that old).  It will be lovely.  And then back to work for another night.  One foot in front of the other over and over again.  Eventually I may look up and see that progress has been made.  One can hope.

xo.

2 comments:

Deeapaulitan said...

I've missed your lovely posts, but Golly! If you are Eons what does that make me? :}

Shalet said...

You are just a young pup my dear! I think I may be aging seven years for every one lived -- just like a dog. Oi!