"It would be nice if the bank didn't own our house. Because, ya know, then you wouldn't have to pay a mortgage and wouldn't have to worry about the bank taking our house."
"Don't I know it!"
Oh to be absolutely, completely and honorably debt free. That would be amazing! But then I think ... beware of The Monkey's Paw and count my blessings.
Today I am grateful for:
- Delicious soup in a box (as compared to other things in a box).
- The perfect costume found dirt cheap three days before a school play.
- Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert.
- Days off work.
- Nights where I get to sleep!
- Later days.
- Thrift store sweaters.
- Hand knit sweaters in progress.
- An email from My Pet Chicken: the chickies are coming! The chickies are coming! (estimated arrival date April 6th)
- Pepcid AC
Please note: Though we feel broke and constantly worry about meeting our financial obligations we are not on the verge of losing our house (at least not at this moment). My middle child, however, is unfortunately tuned into the the world's economic strife. I hope, if nothing else, she learns from our generation's mistakes.