Monday, March 30, 2009

Young Lady ... where have you been?

Last week was Spring break.  We didn't go anywhere.  We didn't do anything.  We simply hung out. We learned to make Huevos Rancheros.   We learned what a couche is and proceeded to fashion one of our own.  We baked ciabatta. We played Yahtzee in the dark.  I finished knitting a sweater and made booties for the new baby down the street.   I bought some material (an old sheet and an old curtain) which will become my summer lounge pants.  We hosted a slumber party complete with movies, manis and pedis. We did a touch of laundry and tons and tons of dishes (created by me and cleaned by the hubbie).  It was a good week.  

Today was the first day back at school.  Back to routine ... ballet, piano and lacrosse practice, work schedules and orthodontist appointments.  Back to "real" life.  

I thoroughly enjoyed our idleness and eagerly await the next spot of time where we have nothing to do.  

+++++++

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now that is a GREAT spring break. Awesome. You know the next spot of time (summer break) is not that far off!
a.

ELK said...

you did the right thing and I smile at the mosaic showing it!

Gayle said...

That sounds like a wonderful week!

SE'LAH... said...

Sounds so restful.

Amy said...

is that febraury lady? the increases kicked my ass. any good resources (short of sending me a video of you doing them...????)....

Molly said...

yay for lounge pants made from old sheets and curtains! very scarlet o'hara/maria von trapp :)

Anonymous said...

our spring break is over this week. I'm all ready feeling sad. I have loved the total lack of a schedule.