Thursday, September 6, 2012

In Fact It's Rather Good


Things I'm loving today:

  • Purging which started yesterday with my daughter's room and continued today with my closet.  I daresay it feels better to expunge than to buy.  This, me thinks, is a very good thing. 
  • Coffee with coworkers.  I may not always like my job but I most definitely like the people I work with.  For this I am immensely grateful. 
  • Knitting and frogging and knitting some more.  
  • Crock pot Beef Stroganoff
  • Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
  • Cackling, clucking and chattering chickens
  • A box of beautiful eggs; luscious greens and browns.  Oh my!
  • Loads and loads of laundry done and put away
  • Good reads (The Map of Time, In Praise of Slowness, The Piano Teacher).  
  • The library, as always, without which I do not know what I would do.  Yes indeed some government programs are well worthwhile (and that's all I'm going to say about politics).  
  • Walking Little to school whilst discussing Michael Pollan's In Defense of Food
  • An empty house where things stayed put (for a few hours at least).  

Things I'm hoping for today:
  • A productive yet minimally stressful night at work
  • A respite to read and/or knit
  • A mama who stays solid and upright and has no vertigo

As you can see I have sufficiently recovered from yesterday.  I read this post and was reminded to look on the bright side.  Three years have passed since that post.  I am still standing.  My husband is no longer working nights (amen!).  We have somehow managed to get from there to here.  And here might be frustrating but, through the right lens, it isn't all bad.  In fact it's rather good.  

xo.  

No comments: