Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Things I'm Loving Today


The epitome of summer is fresh flowers from the garden.  They are sweet, frugal and born from years of tending.  I can't even begin to tell you how happy they make me.  These flowers are but one of many things I am loving today.  

Today I am loving:
  • My cutting garden
  • A clean living room
  • A quiet house
  • The gentle cluck of a chicken as she lays an egg
  • Nights off work
  • Air conditioning
  • Blueberries straight off the vine
  • Chores systematically checked off the list
  • Naps and sleeping in
  • Fresh baked bread
And now off to have that nap.  

xo.  


2 comments:

Unknown said...

I like your list. I wish chores were being checked off of my list more systematically:)

Shalet said...

It's rare when that happens but it is such a good thing when it does!