Saturday, February 27, 2010
Friday, February 26, 2010
As I sit here typing there is a mild burn on my shins. And no, it's not from running (though I did hit the trail this week). No. I decided to try an alternative to shaving. Something like this. Only today is Frugal Friday. I didn't want to go out and purchase something. Instead I went shopping in my garage -- for sandpaper. Yes. I just ground down my legs. Literally.
Thursday, February 25, 2010
- Halloween in February (which may even end up in a book!)
- Bright hearts constructed by an awesome teacher
- Chickens who have decided they do indeed lay eggs
- Glorious warm sunny days tucked into winter
- One Peculiar Momma who started running again (albeit slowly)
- Swans paddling through the river
- Geese squawking overhead
- Birds chirping and rustling through the reeds
- The smell of granola baking in the oven
- Little girls who love to snuggle
- Little boys who aren't so little anymore
- Grandparents who take the kids overnight so parents can work
- Being halfway through our rough schedule
- Starting a new book with my daughter
- This post (I wish I was part of it!)
- A weekend off
Sunday, February 21, 2010
Thursday, February 18, 2010
Tuesday, February 16, 2010
Saturday, February 13, 2010
Friday, February 12, 2010
Thursday, February 11, 2010
Sunday, February 7, 2010
- Take a piece of felt and cut out a heart (I fold mine in half and cut it out just like in grade school.)
- Using embroidery floss sew a blanket stitch around the border.
- That's it! Easy peasy!
Thursday, February 4, 2010
- Wonderful, stupendous and spectacular friends.
- My new felt bookmark.
- Books, books, books.
- A project in the works (under wraps until I'm sure I'm capable).
- Snuggling under the covers on a cloudy morning.
- Heat seeking lover kitties.
- This chair
- And this chair
- This roof which kept the rain off my head today.
- This fireplace which is keeping my feet toasty.
- This day which saw me through from one end to the other.
Monday, February 1, 2010
2 to 3 yellow potatoes
2 to 3 shallots
Sharp white cheddar cheese
Fresh grated Parmesean Cheese
Freshly ground Pepper
1) Place pizza stone in oven. Preheat to 450 degrees (this works best if permitted to heat for 45 minutes).
2) Cut shallots into thin slices. Place ~ three tablespoons olive oil in a skillet (I just add a splash to cover the bottom of the skillet). Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill onions until lightly browned.
3) Take a fennel bulb and cut in half. Cut out the triangular core. Using a mandoline to thinly slice.
4) Wash potatoes. Thinly slice wilth mandoline. (I left the skin on).
5) Roll dough thin (~1/8th of an inch).
6) Sprinkle small amount of corn meal on pizza peel.
7) Place dough on pizza peel.
8) Place thin layer of shallots on dough.
9) Place layer of fennel.
10) Add layer of potatoes.
11) Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
12) Drizzle with olive oil.
13) Sprinkle with both cheeses.
14) Slide onto pizza stone and bake until lightly browned and crust crispy.
15) Remove from oven, slice and eat immediately!